Why become a member? ×

Bunch of chancers releasing a charity single (yes I'm one of them.)

redbandit599

Hi all

I play in two bands, one is an eight piece, pop-punk, covers band put together with a few colleagues from work (of very varying capability and experience) it's not going to advance music one iota but it's a lot of fun.

We all work for Barclaycard, and the band is called Declined Transaction (though, we were briefly banned from using that by an exec with no sense of irony...)

We're led by one of the sales directors and he has taken us on a pretty crazy ride, so far we've played our Xmas do, a theatre and Hyde Park (on a Tuesday night with about 70 people along...)

Most recent scheme is a charity single, we've got it recorded properly and we can get it loaded onto i-tunes, Youtube etc. We have some connections that can sort all the legal, label stuff out etc and make sure that whatever we raise goes to to the charity (Free the Children, most likely) Even probably getting some vinyl!

Suffice to say, we are all somewhat excited!

Any how, just thought I'd see if anyone has any bright ideas that might help us push a few downloads and raise a bit of cash. I will of course be calling on the Basschat massive to help us crash the Top 40! (39 would do fine :D ) Any ideas for getting 'airplay?' That'd be so cool!

It's likely to be a double B-Side of covers of Umbrella by Rhianna and The Climb, Miley Cyrus both given a bit of a workover and made worse than the originals... :rolleyes: Probably release it in February.

Cheers all, of course I'll still pop into Basschat when I'm famous.

Jason

[size=5][size=4]Yes, we don't expect it to be easy at all. However, we do have a slight advantage in that we will be trying to market internally at work as well...[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]Feb is evidently a quiet month music sales wise, so that suits us too.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Don't try, don't know... :) [/size][/size]