Why become a member? ×

Rock candy funk party

crag42

Just starting getting into these. .. bought the live at the iridium NYC cd yesterday. .absolutely fantastic

bassist is Michael Merritt.. I'd never heard of him before? ...superb bassist and awesome tone

Joe Bonamassa is on guitar (which led me to them in the first place)

Really funky. Groove. . Jam type instrumentals

anyone else dig them?

[quote name='crag42' timestamp='1418124035' post='2627009']
Just starting getting into these. .. bought the live at the iridium NYC cd yesterday. .absolutely fantastic

bassist is Michael Merritt.. I'd never heard of him before? ...superb bassist and awesome tone

Joe Bonamassa is on guitar (which led me to them in the first place)

Really funky. Groove. . Jam type instrumentals

anyone else dig them?
[/quote]

I do, very cool band.

Blue

I like 'em too. Mike Merritt also plays in the house band for one of the US late night chat shows. Look on the Premier Guitar website for the Jimmy Vivino rig rundown to see Mike talking about his gear. He's the son of jazz bassist, Jymie Merritt.

[quote name='PTB' timestamp='1418158062' post='2627567']
I like 'em too. Mike Merritt also plays in the house band for one of the US late night chat shows. Look on the Premier Guitar website for the Jimmy Vivino rig rundown to see Mike talking about his gear. He's the son of jazz bassist, Jymie Merritt.
[/quote]

Cheers

great player

[quote name='PTB' timestamp='1418158062' post='2627567']
I like 'em too. Mike Merritt also plays in the house band for one of the US late night chat shows.
[/quote]

Geeez, those late night TV shows gigs are awesome.

Someone told me all the core cats on David Letterman could retire comfortably if they want to.

Blue

• 5 years later...

I'm well aware how old this thread is but a friend just shoved Bonamassa's name in front of me as a possible go-see and I thought I'd have a rummage around t'tube.

Have been playing this stuff all afternoon... stunning, and even better in that sort of setting. Came on here to see if there was much love for this bunch.