Why become a member? ×

Third Auction for the Same 'Ray

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Musicman-Stingray-1996-3-Band-EQ-Flamed-Ash-Birdseye_W0QQitemZ220265580456QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220265580456&_trkparms=72%3A638%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318"]This[/url] is a stunning bass, but it's now the third time, to my knowledge, that it has come up from the same seller. I've questioned him before and each time he says that the winning bidder didn't pay up for whatever reason.

It's starting to sound like "the dog ate my homework" so I was wondering if any of you gents have dealt with this guy before/know the bass/shead light on this issue.

I struggle to believe that he's had as much bad bidders as he says he has!

[size=1]
*title edited for spelling*[/size]

Edited by phil_the_bassist

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='256464' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:53 PM']how much has the bidding ended at before? maybe he won't sell for less than £700 (the asking price on Gumtree) so he's coming up with excuses not to sell?[/quote]

I can't remember TBH, but it's always caught my eye but without the funds to think about GASsing properly for it, I've not worried about looking at the auction end.

It's defo the same bass as on Gumtree, and if he wanted £700 for it, why not just set that as the reserve?

It's all a bit dodgy, esp with that feedback!