Why become a member? ×

Fbass bn5 1749,-GBP or 2300 euro - SOLD
£1950

Fleabay85

[b][size=4][color=#666666][font=Cabin]Very nice handmade Fbass from 2008...excellent condition huge sound.[/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin]I prefer Fender,Musicman,Modulus and other USA made bass for trade if you have an offer.[/font][/color][/size][/b]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4]This bass produces a thick rich sound reminiscent of a good vintage tone with a sweet rather than harsh high end; however, retaining the ability to cut through a mix. The addition of the very natural sounding preamp allows for variability towards more modern sounds.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4]The two separate volumes allow you to blend the two pickups in any amount of each, not limiting you to the fixed levels of a blend control. The passive tone control functions whether in passive or active mode enabling it to modify a different set of frequencies than the ones affected by the active tone controls. These fretted basses are well balanced standing or sitting and are a joy to play.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4][i]George Furlanetto told Bass Gear about the controls on this bass…[/i][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4][b]"THE CONTROLS[/b] are laid out to be simple and functional.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4]The upper row of three (the controls closest to the pickup) are[b]Volume/Volume/Tone[/b], reminiscent of a Fender Jazz Bass.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4]In detail: Neck pickup volume/Bridge pickup volume, pull up switch function for humcancelling, down for single coil/Master Passive Tone, pull up switch function for preamp bypass, rendering the bass completely passive and also by-passing the battery.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4]– The humcancelling mode has a little less output than the single coil mode, but is still a very useful sound when a clearer tone is required. The single coil mode is louder and fuller in all frequency ranges. This occurs because the coils are stacked rather than side-by-side, as most humbuckers are.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4]– The passive tone control is a high end 'roll-off' and it still function in 'active' mode.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4]– I prefer a Volume/Volume set up, because you can blend ANY amount of each pickup you wish, rather than being constrained to the fixed levels of a blend pot.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4]The 'bottom' row is Bass Boost/Mids Boost/High end Boost, boost only so 'Flat' at zero. I did boost only because the basses sound so good naturally that I did not want to cut any good tones, but only add to them. You can blindly twirl all 6 knobs to any position and still have a good usable tone at all positions. These are bypassed when the passive tone control is pulled up."[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[b][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=6]Gallery : [/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=6][url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/101838836@N05/page1/"]https://www.flickr.c...8836@N05/page1/[/url][/size][/font][/b]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Fleabay85