Why become a member? ×

New driver for my Epifani 1x12":

franzbassist

[b]This is an updated thread.[/b]

The driver in my [url="http://www.epifani.com/products/ps_112.php"]Epifani PS112[/url] cab died, so I needed to find a suitable replacement for it. As I knew Epifani use OEM Eminence drivers, I asked Eminence what a suitable "like for like" replacement would be. They advised the following:

[b]Eminence Delta 12LF 500W Bass Driver[/b]
Impedance: 8 ohms
Resonance: 45Hz
Usable frequency range: 45Hz-3Khz

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' post='256134' date='Aug 6 2008, 11:57 AM']Dear all

The driver in my [url="http://www.epifani.com/products/ps_112.php"]Epifani PS112[/url] cab has died[/quote]
Was it death by 'natural causes' Gareth ? Can't have been very old.

P

[quote name='Platypus' post='256160' date='Aug 6 2008, 12:21 PM']Was it death by 'natural causes' Gareth ? Can't have been very old.[/quote]

Just over a year old. Our very own OBBM checked it out and said the coil was open circuit.

I've never driven the cab(s - I have two) very hard and they've been used with an Epifani PS600, which is the recommended amp (600 watts at 4ohms). The other cab seems fine btw. I bought the speakers from the US, so I can't be arsed to try and sort it with the supplier, so I'm just looking for a quick fix really.