Why become a member? ×

Price drop: Acoustic Control Corporation 220 bass amplifier head
£160

GSbass

1970's Vintage Acoustic 220 bass head. Basically functional but showing its age cosmetically. No knobs on the EQ sliders, corrosion on the metalwork, the fuse holder is retained by gaffer tape.

All the controls work apart from two of the graphic EQ channels. I think the inductors are defective which is fixable if you can get the parts.

You still have a very effective three band rotary eq, I used to gig this with the graphic flat apart from rolling off a bit at the bottom end to limit boom on hollow stages.

These were highly regarded and have a very punchy sound through the right cab. Other than the dodgy graphic it's built like a tank and has stood up very well despite its age.

I don't play bass much now and have no need of an amp this powerful or this heavy.

Shipping will be £15 to mainland UK, anywhere else please let me get a price.

You are welcome to try before you buy. If you have questions or want more pics just ask.

[attachment=177140:DSCF1285.jpg][attachment=177137:DSCF1282.jpg][attachment=177138:DSCF1283.jpg][attachment=177135:DSCF1280.jpg][attachment=177136:DSCF1281.jpg][attachment=177139:DSCF1284.jpg][attachment=177141:DSCF1274.jpg]

Edited by GSbass

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]In case anyone is wondering who GSBass is, he is in fact my brother. While I can tell you things about him that would make your hair curl , he (and this amp) is genuine.
I used to borrow this amp many years ago and on one such occasion it was tried out by some guy who used to play bass in Dexy's Midnight Runners so you're not just buying an amp but a piece of musical history![/font][/color]

• 5 months later...