Why become a member? ×

***SOLD***Brand new and upgraded Fender FSR Jazz Bass Aerodyne in vintage white (MIJ)***SOLD***
£550

eddiehoffmann

Hey guys,

Utterly gutted for having to sell this so quick, but... An unexpected massive bill leaves me with no other option at the moment. My loss, your gain.

This is one of the few Japanese normally non-export Fender FSR Jazz Bass Aerodynes that Fender UK brought to these shores recently. Fender Japan build quality as you expect. No uneven frets, perfect neck joint, beautifully finished all around in stunning vintage white with black binding, great neck... You have to search hard among US Fenders to find one so well put together. I bought it around a month ago and did all the upgrades that I originally intended to do and this is a killer bass now!

It now sports Seymour Duncan pickups. The P pickup is a [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SPB-1 and the J is a [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]STK-J2B. They sound beautiful soloed or in any kind of blend you fancy and the tone control really does work, adding even more flavours to its sound. This is a very versatile bass. I also [/font][/color]replaced the electrics with one of very our own [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/7835-kiogon/"]KiOgon[/url]'s wiring looms with CTS 250K pots (two volume and one tone control), a [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif].05 cap for the tone control[/font][/color] and a Switchcraft jack. I put a set of Status premium roundwounds (.45 - 105), set it up with a low but not too low action to allow for some dig in room and it's just a dream to play now. No fret buzz, no dead spots and the neck is just what you expect from a good Jazz Bass.

I'm asking [b]£500[/b] for it which I think it's a great price considering what they cost new, which this one virtually is with no marks or blemishes whatsoever, and all the upgrades it has now. The loom cost me £40 including new knobs since the original ones wouldn't fit in the new pot's shafts + around £100 for the pickups. The original pickups and electrics are also included. It comes with a brand new gig bag which I also had to buy because Fender doesn't include one in the deal. Trials are more than welcome through my Aguilar rig or you can bring your amp too. I live in Finchley, North London.

[b]This is a collection or meet up for delivery only kinda deal. I just edited the post because now I'm considering trades for something of less value (bass, amp...) that might be easier for me to sell afterwards. I really don't need any more gear right now, I just need the cash.[/b]

Thanks for looking!

Eddie

Edited by eddiehoffmann