Why become a member? ×

Posting ruling

Kiwi

CK's pinned post may well do what it says on the tin but - to clarify - is it deemed bad form, then, for someone selling something in the regular 'for sale' forum ads to add a link if that item is up for auction on Ebay - either at the time of the ads posting or at some point in the future.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='254868' date='Aug 4 2008, 09:43 PM']CK's pinned post may well do what it says on the tin but - to clarify - is it deemed bad form, then, for someone selling something in the regular 'for sale' forum ads to add a link if that item is up for auction on Ebay - either at the time of the ads posting or at some point in the future.[/quote]
Thats a fair point Dave, obviously something I wasn't clear on. I've added your thread to my pinned topic so you don't have to bump it.

If they've already tried selling their kit and have decided to use Ebay as a next step I can't see any problem with putting links in their threads. The ebay link forum was originally set up really as another discussion forum, not as an extension of the classifieds so I think it would be nice to stick to that original intent if possible.

Ah I didn’t understand that at all, but it’s cleared it up for me at least. I thought that because it was in “The Marketplace” and it says “post YOUR ebay links here”, then I just assumed it meant that you could post links to your own auctions in there (not that I have done), but I know it generally gets used to share knowledge of auctions for really nice gear or to take the piss out of auctions for complete tat or to discuss scams etc.

At least this has cleared up any confusion.