Why become a member? ×

Get your band’s music mixed for free!

Skol303

[font=Helvetica]
[size=5][b]Yes, really.[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]So here’s the deal… as you may know, we run an ongoing ‘Mixing Challenge’ in the Recording forum, whereby a bunch of keen amateur mix engineers have a go at polishing up a piece of music.[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]We like to use tracks from the Basschat community whenever possible - to date the challenge has featured songs by Tacsi, U-Jahm, Kit Richardson, Dientes, Creepjoint, Frigorifico, Dick Venom & The Terrortones, London Zulu… and probably others that I’ve missed.[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]If you want to add your own band to that list - and get one of your tracks mixed for [u]FREE[/u] - then it’s very simple. All you need to do is:[/size][/size][/font]
[list=1]
[*][size=4][color=#800000][b]Choose a song (or instrumental) that you’d like to have mixed.[/b][/color] It must be a track that you have ownership of, including any sounds and samples it contains.[/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#800000]Check whether you have the ‘mix stems’ for the song[/color][/b] - these are the individual audio tracks, or groups of tracks, that are needed to mix it. For example: lead vocal, bass guitar, keyboard, kick drum, snare, hi hat, etc.[/size]
[/list]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]If it’s a ‘yes’ to the above, then you’re all set.[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]Just [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/12230-skol303/"][b]message me[/b][/url] for details :)[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]Cheers,[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]Paul[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
[i][size=4]^ An actual mixer, like the ones we use.[/size][/i][/size][/font]

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1416488665' post='2610720']
I've got the stems for an acoustic gig we did, and I have no idea how to mix. I'll have a look see if they are any good as the quality might not be great. Cheers!
[/quote]

Hi Wooks. Sounds great!

We've yet to do acoustic session so that would be a bonus. Don't worry too much about the quality of the tracks - part of the challenge is often 'cleaning up' the audio that we work with.

Message me once you're ready and we'll take it from there :)

And to everyone else: get in touch if you want to add your band to the list. The more the merrier.