Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass CMD102P - nobs and stuff?

Moody

So, after a lot of "hmmms" and "ahhhhs" I decided to get me self one of these:

[attachment=11560:moodysmarkbass.jpg]

It's a Mark Bass CMD102P and it sounds awesome! Just love the tone on it, fantastic. Massive Cheshire Cat grin! :)

Anyway, I know there's a couple of you lovely people on here who own the same unit. So, I've been fidling with the nobs and stuff, however, I was wondering if anyone had any recommended settings I can give go? I'm quite keen to see what I can get out of it and see what suits the particular stuff we do.

Edited by Moody

I know I already let you know what I set mine at, but it's good to see what other folk set their amps at & try em out.

Obviously it is gonna sound different with each bass & how the instrument is set.

Here's my settings at present for all to see:

mid-bass knob turned back very slightly from flat & the rest of the eq on flat and set the two filters to about 1 (if you count the dots 0-6)

Input gain set at about 2 & master out set to whatever is needed, which has never been above 2 yet!

[quote name='lee4' post='255775' date='Aug 5 2008, 09:02 PM']Markbass LM II.Bass,hi-mid and treble flat,low-mid at 10 o'clock,VPF off,VLE at 8 o'clock.Through a Zoot 2X12,using a Status Groove.[/quote]

I too use Yamaha BB414, am thinking of CMD 121H any thoughts. I see many go for the MB head and then add speakers of there choice

[quote name='clash33' post='262300' date='Aug 14 2008, 11:55 AM']I too use Yamaha BB414, am thinking of CMD 121H any thoughts. I see many go for the MB head and then add speakers of there choice[/quote]
Unfortunately my BB414 sounds sh*te through MB gear.As its such a "honest" amp it really makes a £200 bass sound exactly that.
Keeping the MB gear and selling theBB414 is my only option.