Why become a member? ×

Any idea what my Marshall 5520 is worth?

Toey

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I have a Marshall 5520 160W Bass Combo that I'm thinking about selling. It sounds nice and isn't in too bad condition (a few scrapes in the tolex etc). I know it was built between '83 and '89 and according to the lovely folks at Marshall I should insure it for between £400 and £600. It's a heavy old thing and I'm looking to downsize. The question is... What's a fair price to ask for such an amp? I can't find any for sale on the internet and I'm not sure how popular or how rare these amps are (I bought it off a friend a few years back at mates rates). Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Many thanks[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Toey[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Pic attached isn't great but at least you can see the amp on top![/font][/color]

Thanks guys. The pic you posted Taunton-Hobbit is of the IBS version which I think came later than mine. It's a good starting point though. Thanks. As for a whiff of insurance, yeah I agree, I thought it a bit steep but wasn't sure!