Why become a member? ×

Prosebass 5 string 33" singlecut defretted bass £250
£250

Sambrook

[attachment=175395:P1010157.JPG][attachment=175396:P1010158.JPG][attachment=175397:P1010159.JPG][attachment=175398:P1010160.JPG][attachment=175399:P1010161.JPG]

Another reluctant sale here. I shouldn't have defretted it; it was awesome as a fretted bass. It still is pretty awesome, but I'm just not feeling it as a fretless. I'm considering having it refretted, so this is a feeler, really.

We all know Paul's work, and this is a great example: it was made for me 2-3 years ago. Bubinga top over Spanish Cedar back. Maple neck and fretboard, 33" scale, two humbuckers in the Scott Devine style, wired to a passive Varitone harness, and strung E-C. It's a heavy beast, but well balanced. It plays beautifully, and is in very good condition.

Here's what I've done to it- defretted, and the lines filled in with darker wood filler. This was quite neatly done. I covered the board with Rustin's plastic resin, which went well, but in the process, managed to cover the lower half of the headstock in resin! Doesn't affect anything, but looks less than professional...

The only thing that does need attention is the nut. I lowered it successfully, but the D and G strings are a bit plunky and lacking sustain. I think it's a dead easy fix, but I got a bit disheartened with it, and have left it as is.

Edited by Sambrook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...