Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Neox212 (NX2-212T) 4-Ohm 2x12 Cabinet - SOLD!
£399.99

MindGoneBlank

Up for sale is my absolutely awesome Genz Benz Neox212 cab. This is the newer NX2 version. Condition is mint and I am throwing in a fitted Roqsolid cover.

From the Genz Benz website:

[indent=1][i]Proprietary Neodymium Loudspeaker[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i]Our custom-designed 12" neodymium cast-frame loudspeaker is rated at 300 watts RMS and uses a 2 1/2" aluminum edge-wound high-temperature voice coil. The 7-oz. neodymium magnet assembly is encased in a large heat-sink structure for exceptional cooling. The paper cone, spider and dust cap are calibrated to deliver the low-frequency support and midrange articulation that today's bassists demand.[/i][/indent]

[indent=1][i]Dual Edge Porting[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i]Integrated into the cabinet design is a special "dual-edge" porting system in which a shelf port at each corner of the baffle face forms an "X" across the radiating surface of the enclosure for increased low-frequency support and projection.[/i][/indent]

[indent=1][i]INPUTS AND CONTROL[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i]All Genz Benz bass cabinets have 1/4" and Speakon® connectors for flexible connection options, and a variable tweeter level control for additional tone shaping.[/i][/indent]

[indent=1][i]• Parallel Inputs - Either of the cabinet's two 1/4" full-range inputs can be used for input from the amp. The second input can then be used for daisy chaining two cabinets together.[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i]• Full Range Speakon® Input - This input and cable type are recommended when connecting to a high-powered bass amp rated at 400 watts or more.[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i]• Tweeter Level Control - Controls the amount of signal to the tweeter. Starting with the control set halfway is recommended; the tweeter output can then be balanced to the cabinet's speaker output in combination with the instrument's pickup tone and amplifier clarity.[/i][/indent]

[indent=1][i]DESCRIPTION [/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i]The most popular cabinet in its series, the NX2-212T is compact and lightweight, with a dual 12" design that drives with the heart of a 4x10" enclosure. The combination of two neodymium loudspeakers with "X" cabinet porting projects round, solid and explosive performance on any stage. Also, the vertical positioning of its dual 12" drivers enhances midrange projection-a design that helps cut through the mix. Lightweight design, "Edge-Lift" handles and tilt-back casters make traveling with this cabinet easy and convenient.[/i][/indent][list]
[*][i]Power Handling: 600W RMS[/i]
[*][i]Frequency (±/ 10db): 42-18K Hz [/i]
[*][i]Sensitivity (1W/1M): 101 db [/i]
[*][i]Nominal Impedence: 4 ohm[/i]
[*][i]Crossover Point: 4 KHz[/i]
[*][i]Weight (Lbs): 47[/i]
[*][i]Dimensions (HxWxD): 31" x 21 1/4" x 16 1/2" [/i]
[/list]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Widely regarded as one of the best bass cabs out there. Loud enough to handle any gig. Light enough to get to any gig! I'm asking just [/font][/color][color=#FF0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]£SOLD.[/b][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I could, in theory, courier the cab if desired at a cost of £20.00 (mainland UK excluding Highlands and Islands).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Far better to collect, if possible, from Ruislip, HA4, close to A40 (Polish War Memorial), M40/M25 interchange or M1 Junction 5. Also just 5 minutes walk from Eastcote tube station on the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines (yes, this is light enough to take home on the train!).[/font][/color]

Edited by MindGoneBlank

[quote name='paulbuzz' timestamp='1415282754' post='2598727']
These cabs look really good except for one thing: how do you pick it up / carry it !?
[/quote]There are carry handles on the top and wheels on the bottom. It's easy enough to wheel along. When lifting, although I agree that side handles would make it easier, the fact is that it weighs 21kg so having handles in the 'wrong' place is not an issue. I'm only a small guy and I carry it happily up stairs with one hand on one of the handles and the other underneath the cab. It's really not a problem to move or carry. I also suspect that Genz Benz avoided the large side handles as they intrude into the cabinet and create a hole in the wood which would, I imagine, have a detrimental effect on the sound.