Why become a member? ×

1976 Fender Jazz for sale £1650 Final price drop NOW WITHDRAWN
£1995

RJB280

I have owned and played this lovely bass for just over 20 years but time to move on.
As you will see from the phtoos, it has the usual battle scars but it is a genuine instrument that plays very well and sounds just as you would expect a 70s jazz to sound. It has not been mucked about with in any way. I have toured with it for the last 15 years and it has had regular check ups and set ups.
I hve not popped the neck to verify dates however I wouldbe happy to make this a condition of sale for a serious buyer once you played the bass and are happy with it.
I can confirm the pots as being 1377625 = CTS/1976/Wk 25.
There is a small nick just below the inlay on the 5th fret which I can't seem to capture on a photo but this does not affect the playability in any way.
It weighs in at a smidge below 9lbs.
If your are looking for a 70s Jazz I am confident you won't be disappointed with this one, its a good 'un.
A great bass at a fair price methinks !

[attachment=175168:029.JPG]
[attachment=175169:030.JPG]
[attachment=175170:031.JPG]
[attachment=175171:032.JPG]
[attachment=175172:033.JPG]
[attachment=175173:034.JPG]
[attachment=175174:035.JPG]

Edited by RJB280

Think long and hard about this my man ... 20 years , absolute beaut of a bass . I say this because i have my P Bass 22 years and nearly sold it once .. my friends talked me out of it ..... would have been the single biggest mistake i ever made (check the photo on the left) .. .

I just feel someone should say this .... otherwise have a BUMP and GLWS for a great looking bass .

[quote name='Rubbishatbass' timestamp='1415922528' post='2605393']
I sold a 1979 fretless Precision in about 1986 for £250. Regretted it ever since.
[/quote]

And I thought[u][i][b] I [/b][/i][/u]was the only one who'd done that. Mine was black with a fretless maple fingerboard. :( Guess I just didn't realise what I was doing at the time.