Why become a member? ×

Howdy folks

brummie

Just joined up - so hello.
I work nights so sometimes go on an American bass site because a lot of people are awake while I work (suppose to be working).

Tried to play bass when I was 17 for about a year, moved to London from guess where? and forgot aboy bass, wife bought me one as wedding present, enjoyed it but sold it to put towards holiday in Oz fund.

Started again about a year ago and am really into it big time - I wish I was this enthusiastic when I was 17 - I'd be adequate now.
Play a Fender Highway jazz & really like it, hoping to get a fretless modified jazz soon but worried it might interupt my normal bass learning journey.

Anyway, I sleep most of the morning but will try and go on line while wife isn't looking & when I should be practising.

Cheers everyone

[quote name='Machines' post='252076' date='Jul 31 2008, 02:46 PM']You don't sound much like a brummie to me :).[/quote]

I've lived in London for a while that's probably why you can't quite hear it, I'll post when I'm drunk or annoyed then you'll cover you're ears, an annoyed Brummie sounds like a clarinet played by an asthmatic.

cheers

[quote name='brummie' post='252435' date='Jul 31 2008, 11:32 PM']I've lived in London for a while that's probably why you can't quite hear it, I'll post when I'm drunk or annoyed then you'll cover you're ears, an annoyed Brummie sounds like a clarinet played by an asthmatic.

cheers[/quote]

Im a yam yam. Being a Brummie I suppose you like UB40 and Oirish only :) ?

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='252447' date='Jul 31 2008, 11:55 PM']Im a yam yam. Being a Brummie I suppose you like UB40 and Oirish only :) ?[/quote]

Couldn't reply because I was in Oirland & I do like UB40 & I'm scarred now, are people from the black country watching me.
I do like more than UB40, I like the beat, Black Sabbath, Toyah, DuranDuran & wizard.

cheers