Why become a member? ×

Has anone used the Ashdown Mibass 10?

geoham

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I'm swaying towards a lightweight 2x12, like the TC Electronic BC212 now.
I've unexpectadly been asked to join a new band, and think I'll need something which can shift a bit more air.
To explain, my existing function band was just 1 guitar, a moderate drummer and vocals (plus me!), whereas the new originals band has 2 x guitars, keyboard and electric violin, plus a loud drummer.

Really hoping that'll cut the mustard, because I really don't have the space (or strength!) for anything bigger! On the plus side, I'll always have PA support with the originals band.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a MiBass 10 which I use for small acoustic practices and bedroom practice.

I have used it with my Genz Benz Streamliner 900 and my Fender Bassman 100 and it does a good job. I have never really pushed it volume-wise, but I have always been happy with the sound. As other posters have said it does handle a good variety of tones.

My other cab is a Barefaced Super 12 which is well known as a very clear cab, and whilst the Ashdown does sound different to that, it doesn't sound bad in any way. I would be unlikely to sell mine. In fact I am tempted by the Ashdown CTM15 to accompany it as a proper bedroom valve setup.

My liking for this cab is slightly influenced by the fact that I bought it from PMT and it was wrongly priced (£119 instead of £199). I checked the price and they told me it should be £199 and I said "that's a shame - I would have bought it at £119!". Anyway, the guy called the manager over and he sold it to me for £119. Can't fault them for that!

• 2 weeks later...