Why become a member? ×

Peavey Hisys 6xt - anyone tried them?

bassbiscuits

hiya

Anyone out there familiar with Peavey PA cabs called Hisys 6xt? can find almost nowt about them online, and in fairness they look like older models which pre-date the internet era a bit!

They're rated 200w / 400w peak at 8 ohms, and they;re asking £225 for the pair in fairly used cosmetic condition.

Are there any bass chatters that have used these and have any opinion of them? I'd be getting them really for just acoustic solo/duo work at most.

cheers folks

No, can't say I am that familiar with specific PV models but this is my general feeling about PV P.A..
PV is a great workhorse but not that discerning so typically people will thrash them...because they
will take it, whereas other stuff of the same ilk will have given up long ago.
Pay special attention to horn clarity..which is ALWAYS an issue with the lower end of the P.A market
anyway..but doubley so, when the cabs have some miles on them.

I think PV suffer through continuing to work and be funactional well beyond the point when they should
have been binned which is why you still so many about and they invaribly have had a hard life..

It might help if you have a decent amp to drive them...and not the PV type amps/mixers which just enhance
the general boxy sound of them..
PV is often better than their pricepoint contempories but a hard life is a hard life.
See what you think of the HF ...and listen to each cab indepedently to the other so one does
not mask the other...

Cheers JTUK - good advice mate.

Yeah these certainly have some miles on the clock - I currently have two Ohm RW-2 cabs (1x12 plus horn), and two small Samson cabs (about 1x8 plus horn) and a Soundcraft powered mixer, which are all ok for solo acoustic but not much else. (it has two x 500w channels, so you can split into 4ohms per channel)

The speakers are each 150-200w max so i was hoping even fairly basic PA speakers like the Peaveys would be a step up.