Why become a member? ×

I might as well

philsimmonds

Hello, evening, afternoon and morning!

i thought i may as well give a little introduction about me, my playing ect...

My name is Phil Simmonds, im a bassist from the Peterborough (UK) area,
I'm 19, ive been playing music since i was 11, started on guitar and somepoint in the last 4 years found myself engrossed in the bass guitar, its grooves, sounds and feel.
Ive been playing professionally for over a year and a half, i was 17 when i had my first professional gig. Ive played with some amazing musicians... that have helped me develop my style, and knoledge of music in general (obviously not my spelling) Ive got two endorsements, one with Rotosound strings, and the latest with Lakland (usa) bass guitars... ive just ordered my bass so i cant wait! :)
Ive played all round the UK, in bands such as John Russell Band, Leon, Junkie Soulz, Pip n Phil, Wednesday CLub as well as shows in theatres up n down the country. Recently recorded two tracks for the band Mesh 29,( known for their top 40 single Over the barricade which was released last summer... ) of which i played Upright. We recorded the tracks at StrongRoom Studios (Studio 1- other artists recorded hit singles at the studio are Jamiroquai, Spice Girls, Sophie Ellis Bextor and more).
which was an expeiriance i wont forget. You feel so Insignificant as a player when sessioning at places like that. it pushed me so much, and to expand my way of thinking as a bassist.

Playing bass for me has so much to offer. I love to groove. and i love to solo, or go mad slappin, or whatever feels right. But i play to support the music. to create the sweetest sounds, makin the bass fit perfectly in a song.

i love all music. from jazz, fusion, to bach, drum n bass... and the rest. studying theory, and technique is amazing! pushing the boundries of my playing. Giving me the tools to make the best music, i can to my ability.

I compose alot of music... be that in a band or on my own, last summer i wrote and recorded an ep, with some session musicians from london. taking a musical directors approach to music for me is where i feel more at home. i love writing music. ideas are constantly rushing through my head... its great to get them out and into music.

Personally i have more of a buzz from recording than giggin. i love the achievment when you have asong that uve created and can listen back to forever. Giggin is great! love it so much! but yeh... thats me.

i just realised ive ranted a bit too much!

but thought i'd introduce myself and give a bit of my thoughts to my music n all that jazz!

but feel free to send me a email and say hi...

i have some tunes i sessioned on, [url="http://www.myspace.com/philsimmonds"]On my website HERE[/url]

have a listen... nice to meet y'all! anyways!

Phil