Why become a member? ×

NBD - Thumb 5 Bolt-On

Iain

Part-exchanged my Sterling 4H and ESP 5-String for a well-loved 2001 Ovangkol Thumb 5... loving it so far. Neck's going to take a fair bit of getting used to and the bass feels so solid. Polish and new strings on it and it sounds really nice - deep growly bottom end and Thumb mids...

[quote name='Descendent' timestamp='1410453638' post='2549626']
Used to be mine I think! Did you buy it from Drew at MBL?
[/quote]

Yeah! Small world eh? First gig with it last night which went great, taking a bit of getting used to after my MM Sterling though.

[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1410521662' post='2550297']
Yeah! Small world eh? First gig with it last night which went great, taking a bit of getting used to after my MM Sterling though.
[/quote]

It took me ages to get used to the narrow string spacing after playing 4-strings for years but now I prefer a narrow spacing.

I played the red Sterling at MBL a while back (I know pretty much all Drew's stock because I do the design and website for MBL!) and it's a cracking little bass.

[quote name='Descendent' timestamp='1410533502' post='2550512']I played the red Sterling at MBL a while back (I know pretty much all Drew's stock because I do the design and website for MBL!) and it's a cracking little bass.[/quote]

First time I visited there I think I played most of his basses - some lovely kit there. Was sorely tempted by the Jack Bruce Thumb but it was just a little pricey.

MBL Site looks great - you've done a great job on it.

[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1410538234' post='2550573']
First time I visited there I think I played most of his basses - some lovely kit there. Was sorely tempted by the Jack Bruce Thumb but it was just a little pricey.

MBL Site looks great - you've done a great job on it.
[/quote]

Much obliged!