Why become a member? ×

Pickup height adjustment

martinbass7750

Hi All,

I've just fitted a replacement neck pickup on my Lakland 55-01 (the old one was picking up noise)

How should I set the height?

Another question - the electronics fitted (Bartolini NTMB) has a preset pot inside the compartment - is that just to set the maximum output?

Cheers

Martin

[quote name='martinbass7750' post='25864' date='Jul 2 2007, 08:20 AM']Hi All,

I've just fitted a replacement neck pickup on my Lakland 55-01 (the old one was picking up noise)

How should I set the height?

Another question - the electronics fitted (Bartolini NTMB) has a preset pot inside the compartment - is that just to set the maximum output?

Cheers

Martin[/quote]

Hi Martin

You should set the height according to your playing style. With a light finger style you can have the pickup close to the strings, with a heavy slap or finger style you may need it lower so you don't keep hitting it. Just a little trial and error with the two screws either side of the pickup should find a good height. If when playing your B string sounds louder than the other strings you may want to set the pickup slightly lower under your B string to even the sound out.

The preset pot, as you have guessed, is to set the overall gain.

Hamster