Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Gallien-Krueger MB200
£150

discreet

[b]*SOLD* Gallien-Krueger MB200[/b]

[b][url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/wp-content/uploads/mb200-manual.pdf"]http://www.gallien-k...b200-manual.pdf[/url][/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Looking for a high-quality, affordable budget amp that sounds great and will get you heard at rehearsal and medium-size venues? Then this is for you.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Got this giant-killer as part of a deal and was considering using it as a back-up... but don't think I'm going to need it.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I must admit to being very surprised by the amount of heft and sheer volume on tap. The core tones are excellent, too. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's [/font][/color][i]tiny[/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] - 7.75" wide, 1.75" high (without rubber feet) and 8" deep. So it'll fit in your gig bag with no problems whatsoever. It's light, too - less than 1kg! Or less than a bag of sugar. 200W @ 4ohms and 140W @ 8ohms. 6.3mm Jack input, -10db pad for active basses, a single Gain control, Contour switch - this cuts the mids for a scooped sound - it's either on or off. I doubt you would want to have this switched in live, as I suspect you'd lose your mids somewhat, but it does make the amp sound nice at home-playing or quiet rehearsal levels. Treble, Hi-Mid, Lo-Mid, Bass EQ controls. And of course, a power switch. It has a ring LED which changes from red to blue when it's ready to rock, just like its bigger brothers.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]On the back we have an AC mains socket, XLR direct out with Pre or Post option, Aux in for playing your tunes through the amp (good for late-night headphone practice), and a switched output that doubles as a headphone out or a line out depending on how you've toggled it. And of course the ubiquitous Neutrik Speakon speaker output - of which there is only one, so if you want to use two 8ohm cabs for maximum beans, you will need to be able to daisy-chain your cabs.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I used it both with my Barefaced Big One (8ohms = 140W) and my two BFM J12s (2X 8ohms - 4ohms = 200W). As I said, it's a loud amp! Once again we realise that rated output means little, and the amount of SPL one perceives is largely due to the sensitivity of the cabs the amp is being played through. Both Big One and J12s are sensitive cabs and whether running at 140W or 200W there is more than enough power to keep up with a drummer and egocentric guitarist using a 50W Marshall Valve combo - this combo is arse-shatteringly loud, by the way.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]How does it sound? Well, it's very good indeed. In fact it's something of a tone monster. A[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]t higher levels it does have its own sound, and you can definitely start to hear a bit of break-up. It's SS break-up of course, but it's very musical and usable. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So... it's very simple, very small, very light and it sounds very good. It's also very affordable. So if you're on a budget, or you just don't need a massively loud amp (and really, no-one needs a massively loud amp - it's just marketing, people!) then this is for you. I've also owned the Markbass Little Mark 250, which is a good amp, but I found I needed a preamp pedal in front of it to get the tone I wanted. With the MB200[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] this isn't necessary - it sounds great straight out of the box, it's totally plug and play, just like the Fusion. The Little Mark 250 is also a [/font][/color][i]lot[/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] more expensive.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The amp is in excellent condition and everything works as it should. Item will be sent via an appropriate tracked and insured method. The buyer will be sent an ETA and tracking information. As usual, the item will be packed well enough to withstand attack by insurgents. My feedback is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/154659-discreet/page__hl__discreet"]here[/url].[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I thank you! :)[/font][/color]

Edited by discreet