Why become a member? ×

J&D Vintage Jazz Bass **Withdrawn**
£100

Rumple

I bought this a little while ago from Mark (Discreet) mostly because I love the look of it, I used the excuse that I had to have it so I could try out a 4 string tuned BEAD, plus the fact that Mark only lives down the road from me made it an easy transaction :)

Jump forward a few months and although it was a fun experiment if I need a low B I use a 5 five string so this beauty needs a new home.

Here's a link to some more info and pics on the original ad placed by Mark, I hope he doesn't mind me using his pics ;)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/237330-sold-jd-jazz-bass-vintage-1975-surf-green/page__hl__discreet__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

We did a deal and he kept the case and the DR strings.

Since getting the bass I have very very slightly widened (depth unaffected) the slots in the nut to take a light gauge BEAD set of new D Addario strings, I'm sure it will go back to EADG without any problem at all, as I bought a 5 sting set of strings for this experiment I'll include the G string should you wish to return it to normal tuning.

In over all great nick, sounds good, plays well with medium to low action, the neck is quite chunky for a Jazz, I prefer slimmer necks but not everyone does.

Come with tatty old gig bag.

£90.00 collected from Sydenham in South London, I don't have the packing materials or a case to send via courier so sorry it's collection only.

Any questions drop me a PM.

Edited by Rumple

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1407429373' post='2520491']
This used to be mine! Great bass, very hot pickups. You won't get much better for £90!
[/quote]

I was very surprised at just how darn good a bass it is.

Well I decided to put it back to EADG to help with the sale and have fallen in love with it again! sounds bloody excellent and has possibly the lowest action I've ever had on a bass :) some lightweight tuners and a bit of slimming on the neck and it could be a keeper.