Why become a member? ×

NOW TRADED: Ampeg SVT 2 Pro "Premier Edition"
£850

HotelEcho

Hi all,

I acquired this in a slightly unwise trade with another Basschatter last year that quickly became a very unwise trade when my band split up! <_<

New band is significantly quieter and practices somewhere up a lot of steps, which means it hasn't been used in anger and I can't really justify keeping it.

As everyone knows, this is basically the daddy of all bass amps, big, loud and very, very heavy.

Was revalved with a matched SVT set from Watford valves just before I got it (Harma-STRs in the preamp, Svetlana Winged-C 6550s for the power amp - which are increasingly hard to get hold of apparently) and has been used just the once since I got it.

By decoding the Serial number, it was made in the US in the summer of 1993 and I'd say it's in remarkably good nick for its age. The only thing that may be an issue is that the previous owner had removed the top panel and lost it somewhere along the line - this isn't necessarily an issue as it lives in the Gator flightcase in the photo, but something to be aware of. I've tried and failed to source a replacement from Ampeg, but I don't suppose it'd be a complicated bit of metalwork to have a new panel made up if you know someone handy.

Photos below, I can add more on request:

[attachment=166903:IMG_20140202_160235_061.jpg]

[attachment=166961:IMG_20140718_084652_225.jpg]

[attachment=166904:IMG_20140202_154835_552.jpg]

Since this is a very solid piece of kit, postage is basically out of the question but I'm in Bristol and very happy to deliver anywhere within a reasonable drive.

Trade offers welcome, especially for another good "rock" amp with slightly less poundage and more practicality!

Edited by HotelEcho

Ok, available again.

Took it down to my practice space at the weekend and fired it up, checked the Bias and all pots and EQ sliders - perfect working order. Even shot some piss-poor video on my phone, which still sounds pretty good despite the complete lack of low end from the feeble microphone:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hg46xwbjjzmgrf/VID_20140720_190006_264.mp4

Apologies for the guitarist's inspired palm-muted chugging :rolleyes:

Come on folks, I've got a brand-new hankering for a GK MB Fusion but this will have to go first...

Any reason for the lack of interest? I've been mulling taking it to a tech for a precautionary "everything's ok" check over - or would split the cost of a service with a new owner if it goes soon?

Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention - it was previously stored in a bigger flightcase along with a 1u cooling fan unit above it (hence the lack of a top panel), which I'll of course include with the amp.