Why become a member? ×

Would this work?

JohnSlade07

[quote name='JohnSlade07' post='246302' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:13 PM']Excuse my ignorance but could use my Zoom B1 pedal as a fallback should my amp fail i.e. run a 1/4 inch jack to jack from the Zoom to the PA and plug my bass into the unit. Obviously wouldn't be the greatest sound but better than no sound atall.[/quote]
Should be ok as long as the PA takes a line level input, but you'd want some advice that isn't mine before doing it.

I did this with my Zoom B2 (except I plugged it into a DI box, then the PA) and it sounded amazing. They had a really powerful PA and it sounded better than most amps I've used live. Pretty amazing for a little box that cost me £25 off these very forums!

I rarely use my own amp live and usually share another band's amps or use the house backline which varies in quality. Now I'll use the B2 wherever possible as my amp going direct, everything turned off except for the Ampeg amp model, sometimes I use the EQ. I'll probably replace this with a VT Bass pedal in the future (as it's easier to tweak, hopefully sounds even better, and the Zoom B2 is noisy on my daisy chain).

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='cheddatom' post='246624' date='Jul 24 2008, 09:59 AM']The B2 has an XLR DI output so you can have that going to the desk for your DI, while you're plugged into your amp normally, so if your amp fails it wont matter![/quote]
Actually, only the bigger B2.1u has the XLR out, the B2 doesn´t.

[quote name='JohnSlade07' post='246770' date='Jul 24 2008, 12:25 PM']Thanks guys. As long as it works that's fine. Unlikely (touch wood) to need to use it like that anyway. Out of interest are the amp models/effects on the B2.1U much different from the basic B1?[/quote]

I think they're the same, you've just probably got less of them to choose from.