Why become a member? ×

New Matamp Day! (Almost)

tonyxtiger

So in the spirit of Chevy Chase on his family vacation wanting to drive his family hundreds of miles out of their way to see the largest ball of mud, I decided a detour to the Matamp workshop was in order so I could have a head case made for my pre amp.

I love it there and had a good chat with Jeff, the original straight talker. Thanks to Jeff he turned it round quickly so I escaped with just a minor telling off from the missus.
I could have stayed there all day looking at amp guts and hearing about the new plans they have in store for some frankly very impressive bits of bass and guitar gear.

So before anyone starts shouting "How very dare you!" I know, I know. It's not a valve amp. Yes.
This is so it looks a bit prettier on my cab. I'm a shallow husk of a man.

As a valve amp carrier for many years (boogie 400+, Orange AD200, various SVTs) it's safe to say I will be back for a GT200 or GT150.
I'm just having a nice flirtation with the Pearce BC1 currently as it does what I want very nicely thank you very much.

So here's the finished article, I just need to decide on the nameplate and I'm set.