Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well this double neck has had a hard life.

tommorichards

I just came across a bass/guitar double neck on ebay that i havent seen for a long time. I bought mine about 6 years ago, but sold it on as i didnt really use it. This one seems to be in a much sorrier state. Im wondering, as i havent seen another since if it is the same one....

Here are comparison pictures:

mine

And the one currently on ebay

link [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=291178184382&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1120"]http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ME:B:SS:GB:1120[/url]

It looks like its had different pickups put in it (or really shoddy pickup covers), a scratchplate fitted to get around having the controls through the wood, a big chunk missing from the rear trem cover, and a new control output put in for an unfathomable reason.

Just a bit of a weird situation this happening. If it is the same bass, what did i get it into by letting someone have their way with it.....

The fingerboard inlays on the guitar neck look different, there's none on the 24th fret and the double dots on the 12th fret are positioned differently. So I doubt it's the same one. It appears to have evolved (pickup covers) and it's been butchered too (that pickguard :blink: )

[quote name='LeftyJ' timestamp='1403885900' post='2487450']
The fingerboard inlays on the guitar neck look different, there's none on the 24th fret and the double dots on the 12th fret are positioned differently. So I doubt it's the same one. It appears to have evolved (pickup covers) and it's been butchered too (that pickguard :blink: )
[/quote]

Hmmm, i see that now. Bah well.