Why become a member? ×

Attaching Timefactor to pedalboard.

elephantgrey

Im getting close to having an actual, functioning pedalboard (as apposed to a bunch of pedals on the floor), I got a mate to build me a wooden structure, covered it in the loop side of heavy duty Velcro, and put the hook side on most my pedals. The only problem im having now is deciding how to go about fixing my eventide timefactor to it. The bottom of the time factor is mostly rubber, which im sure will just rip from the pedal if i ever try to remove it from the board. Im worried of removing the rubber, and either damaging the pedal or making the almost £300 pedal worthless in the second hand market if i ever want to move it on.

Anyone have experience with anything similar? What did you end up doing? Does Velcro vs rubber effect second hand value?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.
elephantgrey.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1403026592' post='2479025']
The rubber under the time factor is just glued on, same adhesive on sticky backed velcro. Just peel it off and save it for the future, then put the velco directly on the pedal. Simples!
[/quote]

Just did that, using a peice of paper to cover the label underneath, turned out well.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1403027640' post='2479041']
Nail Gun.
[/quote]

o.o has anyone told you how scary you are?

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1403028035' post='2479048']
o.o has anyone told you how scary you are?
[/quote]

You're the first person today. :D

I don't think having velcro on the bottom of pedal is much of a problem when it comes to selling it on as loads of people use pedal boards these days.

I've also taken the rubber feet off pedals, put velcro on them & then successfully reversed the process when it came to selling the pedals at a later date.