Why become a member? ×

Funk me sideways - new Bass and amp combo!

lukeward2004

Hi folks,

So im looking at spending some bonus money on a new combo amp - must be portable (fits in a 5 series that doesnt have folding rear seats!), loud enough for small/medium gigs, and light. I am torn between the GK MB212-II and the 2x10 version, but alas, this is the Bass guitars section.

In addition to the new amp, im after a decent acoustic bass, and ive spied the Warwick RB Alien 5 standard as within budget. Any views on these? Im thinking of using it at home (unplugged) and at a few open mic nights and such. Youtube reveals some nice videos and tones, and im a warwick fan so the neck profile is to my liking.

Any views folks?

I've no experience of the Rockbass Aliens, I have the top spec The Alien. However, they're all made in the same Chinese factory these days, and I doubt they are very different. Reasonably loud unplugged.
Good Fishman electronics. Gruesome bronze wound strings. If you already like the necks, quite possibly the best acoustic bass you can get. The 32" scale is nice, too.