Why become a member? ×

Trying to get a synthy sound out of my Prunes & Custard

IBWT

Hi guys I've been trying to get a synthy sound out of my fuzz pedals and I think the Prunes & Custard might do the job.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc_gIhTDBz4&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be[/url]

What do you think? The mix knob is quite down so for a solo I can make it synthier by turning it up.

I realized I like it better on the "guitar" position. Actually the "bass" position is a treble rolloff for the fuzz sound, so putting it in "guitar" makes the whatever-it's-called-warbly-sound more noticeable.

Cheers!

Edited by IBWT

Nice demo!
I also use a Prunes & Custard clone, it's a cool pedal - sounds wicked with flats, especially with strings damped...
I run mine with drive a bit higher at around 3 o'clock with the mix fairly far over at about 9 o'clock. I like both bass & guitar settings, but I can't hear any difference with 'lo freq contour' switch(?)
Also like to run an octaver & a mutron clone into mine - big funky tones! :)

Edited by nick

[quote name='nick' timestamp='1402320517' post='2472056']
but I can't hear any difference with 'lo freq contour' switch(?)
[/quote]

Me neither! I *think* it retains some low mids in the fuzz tone but it might be just an illusion.

Edited by IBWT

Nice demo. I'm a big fan of the prunes and custard pedal, you can get quite quacky almost envelope filter type tones out of it as well. I use mine in a similar way with my Foxrox octron, some envelope filter(s) and a Russian small stone on a subtle setting.