Why become a member? ×

My 'Interviews page - video chats with Stanley Clarke, Dave Sanborn, Mike Stern and more...

urb

[quote name='urb' post='243351' date='Jul 19 2008, 02:06 PM']Hey guys I just updated my Interviews page on my website - I hope you enjoy some of this stuff:

[url="http://www.munkio.com/words/words_home.html"]http://www.munkio.com/words/words_home.html[/url]

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

Wow what a great job you've got Mike, I loved the interviews:D I know what it's like to do the face to face interviews because I was part of a team that ran a metal webzine when I was living in Germany and I got to interview some great bands. And you get to fly around the world to do it :huh: I had to wait for bands to come out on tour and if they came near try to blag an interview :) I really miss doing the webzine it was a lot of hard work but really great fun.
Keep up the great work!!!

[quote name='Wooks' post='243362' date='Jul 19 2008, 02:26 PM']Wow what a great job you've got Mike, I loved the interviews:D I know what it's like to do the face to face interviews because I was part of a team that ran a metal webzine when I was living in Germany and I got to interview some great bands. And you get to fly around the world to do it :huh: I had to wait for bands to come out on tour and if they came near try to blag an interview :) I really miss doing the webzine it was a lot of hard work but really great fun.
Keep up the great work!!![/quote]

Thanks Wooks - it's definitely a privilege to sit and talk with some of these amazing musicians - I interviewed Michael brecker three times and I really cherrish that since his very untimely death last year - so it's a real pleasure. I have loads of interviews on Mini-disc that i want to turn into MP3s - I've been very lucky to hang and chat with some of the greatest musicians in the world. And it's a pleasure to share their thoughts on all this music stuff too :huh:

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='243722' date='Jul 20 2008, 11:53 AM']Thanks Wooks - it's definitely a privilege to sit and talk with some of these amazing musicians - I interviewed Michael brecker three times and I really cherrish that since his very untimely death last year - so it's a real pleasure. I have loads of interviews on Mini-disc that i want to turn into MP3s - I've been very lucky to hang and chat with some of the greatest musicians in the world. And it's a pleasure to share their thoughts on all this music stuff too :huh:

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

I never got to interview such lumiinaries like Stanley Clarke :) like you have you lucky swine :huh: :huh: But I was lucky and privileged enough to interview people like Evergrey, Sonata Artica, EdGuy, Threshold to name but a few. And the really cool thing that I found was they always seem to enjoy their time with me, which is always good to hear! But when I've bumped into bands long after that initial contact they have always remembered me and have said hi how you doing etc. Which is always a nice feeling :huh: I wish I could get back into that...sobs loudly :huh: