Why become a member? ×

Help getting a cab from Cardiff...???

barkin

The story...there's a cab I'm interested in. It's in Cardiff and the seller (who has no feedback on here) would prefer collection. I'm 200 miles away :(
On top of that, I'm off abroad this weekend.

So...is there anybody willing to check out and collect the cab (I'll do a bank transfer straight away to somebody "known" on here) and hold on to it for a couple of weeks, then ship it to me when I get home ?

cheers,

Edited by barkin

Sorry, I can't help. Bass cabs being 200 miles away, that are "impossible" to courier are frequently an issue here, FEEBay etc.
They obviously swam here from US , China etc in a bubble on the backs of mermaids.
There is a Vanderkley I would love to buy, but 440 mile round trip, 9 hours+ driving, £95 worth of fuel, I will simply wait for another one to come up.
One that has an owner who knows the deep mysteries of bubble wrap, cardboard and a £20 next day courier.

So, I can't help but I would guess that life is not dependent on getting this cab immediately.

I do hope somebody can help you.
Good luck,
Karl.

Thanks guys - I've had a PM from the seller, and he's actually OK with posting it.

Trouble is - and no offence intended towards the guy - I'm not comfortable sending a sizeable sum of money to somebody with no posting history and no feedback. I'm sure that, given time, something could be worked out, but I'm going abroad this weekend and won't have time to chase around before I go.

So I'm going to reluctantly forget about this for now. If it's still available when I get back, then I'll try to sort something out.

Just unfortunate timing, but there you go :(

cheers,

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1401441900' post='2463581']
Thanks guys - I've had a PM from the seller, and he's actually OK with posting it.

Trouble is - and no offence intended towards the guy - I'm not comfortable sending a sizeable sum of money to somebody with no posting history and no feedback. I'm sure that, given time, something could be worked out, but I'm going abroad this weekend and won't have time to chase around before I go.

So I'm going to reluctantly forget about this for now. If it's still available when I get back, then I'll try to sort something out.

Just unfortunate timing, but there you go :(

cheers,
[/quote]

Use Paypal and go for the "funds deducted from your account after the item has been delivered" option.