Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* J&D Jazz Bass Vintage 1975 Surf Green
£125

discreet

[b]*SOLD* J&D Jazz Bass Vintage 1975 Surf Green + DR Lo-Riders + Spider Hard Case[/b]

Summer is coming and GAS is raging uncontrolled across the forum like an uncontrollable raging thing! Having decided to buy another bass I don't actually need, I'm liquidising a few assets here and there, so up for grabs is this very nice J&D Jazz Bass Vintage 1975 in Surf Green. Here is the official blurb:

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]'The [b]J&D JB Vintage 1975 SFGR[/b] is a four-string bass guitar with a classic look reminiscent of a 1970s 'JB' style model. The J&D JB Vintage 1975 SFGR has an alder body in a very familiar offset double-cutaway body shape. The bolt-on maple neck is cut with a very comfortable rounded profile, and is topped by a bound maple fingerboard. The block inlays on the frets mimic the bass guitar styles of the 1970s. In the electronics department, the JB Vintage 1975 has two 'J'-style pickups, one in the bridge position, the other in the middle position. Each pickup has its own Volume control, while they both share a Tone control. The bass has a Surf Green finish, and the body is fitted with a three-ply black pickguard. The fingerboard has a gloss finish, while the hardware is made of chrome.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]The main features of the J&D JB Vintage 1975 SFGR, Surf Green include:[/b][/font][/size][list]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]1970s 'JB'-style bass guitar[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Alder body[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bolt-on maple neck[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bound maple fingerboard with gloss finish[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2 x 'J'-style pickups[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2 x Volume controls, 1 x Tone control[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Chrome hardware[/font][/size]
[*]Surf Green finish with a 3-ply black pickguard'
[/list]
[url="http://www.dv247.com/guitars/jandd-jb-vintage-1975-sfgr-bass-guitar-surf-green--201561"]http://www.dv247.com...f-green--201561[/url]

So there you have it. This example is in very good condition - there are one or two very tiny marks and a couple of [i]really [/i]small black dots in the finish which don't show up in the pics. There is also a slight issue with the paint at the neck pocket (see pic) probably from a previous neck-swap experiment I'm guessing, but this in no way affects the tone or playability of the bass.

I'm selling because there's something else I want (who knew?) And my new Squier Jazz V is taking care of all my Jazz needs - plus I have a second Jazz in the pipeline... :blink:

The bass is strung with DR Lo-Riders 45-105 (£25-ish) and will come in a very nice (brand new) fitted, plush-lined Spider hard case from Flightcase Warehouse (£45-ish). Added value, folks! :)

I also include the lighter gauge E and A Lo-Riders (80 and 100) which I bought (£20-ish) to give the option of a Medium-Lite set (45-65-80-100) as opposed to the Medium set (45-65-85-105) with which the bass is currently strung. I'll put these in with the stock strings which will be in the DR packet. Everything will be marked to avoid confusion! :)

These basses are available new at around £120 - I bought this one for £90 and with the strings and case it owes me around £180. Because of the minor paint issue at the neck pocket I'm offering the bass, the DR strings, the stock strings and the Spider hard case as a package for [b]£125 including delivery[/b] via ParcelForce. The bass will be packed within an inch of its life in its case and boxed, and the buyer will be sent an ETA and tracking information. Payment will be via bank transfer ONLY please - I'm not up for trades. :) If you want to collect from SE London, price will be £110 only, cash on collection. First come, first served!! Tap into the current Jazz frenzy at a bargain price! My feedback is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/154659-discreet/page__hl__discreet"]here[/url]. Now for some pics:

I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet