Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gibson Jeff Tweedy Signature SG '61 inc Gibson Hard Case
£600

[size=3]For sale is my Gibson Jeff Tweedy Signature SG 61 guitar complete with all case candy and original Gibson hard case made in 2012. Excellent condition, home use only, has one little mark by the component cover and one at top of neck by the headstock of which none interfere with playing whatsoever. In a beautiful shade of misty blue this guitar rocks with original burstbuster pickups wound with period correct wire, grade a mahogany body period correct orange capacitors and the most important aspect for me is the unfinished back of the neck of which looks and feels amazing you get non of that typical sticky feel that most other gibsons have. [/size]
[size=3] [/size]
[size=3]These are out of production now and were only produced for a limited time so you don’t see many for sale. Reluctantly selling as need to finance recent purchase of PRS Custonm 24[/size]
[size=3] [/size]
[b][size=3]Description: [/size][/b][size=3]Wilco founder Jeff Tweety’s signature Gibson which is modeled on the 1961 SG, the first year of manufacture for that iconic instrument. With a pair of Burstbuster 1 pickups and a period appropriate Maestro Vibrato it sounds as close to the original as you are likely to find, and you get to keep the house. Jeff preferred cream colored plastic (instead of black like the re-issue) and no paint on the neck[/size]

[b]Please contact me direct on 07951338838 or [email protected][/b]

[attachment=163030:WP_20140519_003.jpg][attachment=163031:WP_20140519_002.jpg]

As a recent convert to Uncle Tupelo (Tweedy's breakthrough alt-country band), I am also rather wowed by this beauty. Shame I am cr@p at guitar. Don't suppose you want to trade for a US Jazz bass in a rather fetching shade of 'hot rod red'? I assume its a 'no' but if you don't ask ....