Why become a member? ×

Decent sub £300 guitar with humbuckers

Greggo

If you can pick up one of the older Schecter Diamond Blackjack Series guitars you will be blown away.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schecter-diamond-series-blackjack-tempest-with-Seymour-Duncan-JB-and-59-pickups-/231272598448?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item35d8ebcbb0

This is only one on eBay at the moment and over budget but I have seen the more 'normal' tele and strat types go for well under.

They all come with - Proper Duncan pickups, Tone-Pros bridges and Grover tuners.

I've recently been down same need to fill out tonal options of guitars and wanted a humbucker loaded guitar. I settled on a blonde Epiphone Dot from Peerless factory in Korea (serial numbers start with R or P). The Dots from this factory were unbelievably well crafted guitars. I was told these ones are better than any other Dots and as good as a good Gibson. I paid £250 for mine used with original Epiphone hard case. However, they are relatively cheap because the hardware and electronics are not up to good US/UK quality; but they are basically good enough guitars to be worth at least a pup upgrade, maybe when you've had the guitar for a while and know if it's a keeper.