Why become a member? ×

Gazm! Bass

Gazm

I got bored with the looks of this bass about 20 years ago and attacked it in the shed, the body/neck were reshaped and resprayed. Used for many a gig in the past then it was left in the loft and forgotten about.

Anyway, I picked it up for the first time in ages this week - the action was awful so I set about adjusting it, re-strung it and got the action quite sweet. The sound was nice and growly, so, I thought I'd treat it at a few new bits - the originals had gone rusty. Changed the bridge, knobs and tuners with some new parts from Thomann. Setup the action and intonation and it sounds and plays great again. The tuners look a bit lost on the headstock, so I might have to hack a bit more off it if I can be bothered.

So what do you reckon? Anyone know what it it/was?

[attachment=983:GazmFull.jpg]
[attachment=984:GazmBody.jpg]
[attachment=985:GazmNeck.JPG]

Pete.

Edited by Gazm

[quote name='Bassassin' post='25264' date='Jun 30 2007, 11:06 AM']Eh? Anyway - still got those bits? :)

J.[/quote]

Sorry, lost the plot - twice now only half the post has appeared!

Yes Jon, still got them! But as I said they're not pretty, there is some corrosion/rust.
PM me your address if you want the bits sending.

Pete.

[quote name='Gazm' post='25266' date='Jun 30 2007, 12:26 PM']Sorry, lost the plot - twice now only half the post has appeared!

Yes Jon, still got them! But as I said they're not pretty, there is some corrosion/rust.
PM me your address if you want the bits sending.

Pete.[/quote]
Very grateful for that - always need old Japanese parts for projects & restorations - condition's not a problem. Thanks mate!

J.