Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

US Bassist looking for medium scalers...

BassHappy

Howdy and Greetings to all

Quite new to the board, and I think some of you may have seen my posts in the short and medium scale bass posting threads.

I was wondering if there were any UK offerings in the area of medium scalers (32") which is my preferred reach and addiction?

Does anyone in the UK offer them "off the rack" or are they always a custom order? If so, which luthiers might be game for a medium scale custom order?

Thanks in advance, for the information.

BassHappy
www.innertainment.net

If you're up for a headless bass, Status will make you one with the "Bendwell"- a little depression between the zero fret and the string anchor which reduces their 34" scale down to about 32" and allows you to bend open strings/ harmonics as if behind the nut.

Cheers

Ed

[quote name='EMG456' timestamp='1398297146' post='2432731']
If you're up for a headless bass, Status will make you one with the "Bendwell"- a little depression between the zero fret and the string anchor which reduces their 34" scale down to about 32" and allows you to bend open strings/ harmonics as if behind the nut.

Cheers

Ed
[/quote]
Without shamelessly wanting to promote a sale, if you wish to view a 32" Status Streamline (with Bendwell) mine's for sale in the Basschat ads.

Nice Suggestion Wayne!

I scored a Hammy a while back. John Page who designed it with Stu says this one was either a prototype or an employee build. SIngle V V T controls, active EMG from the factory and no input jack on the face of the bass. My drummer Ron Riddle toured with Stu in the early '90's and I saw the tour. The bass was smokin!

Here is mine:

Love the only full two octave neck Fender ever made in medium scale.

BassHappy