Why become a member? ×

Bass painting/spraying

highwayone

Have a go at doing it yerself! I did and it was loads of fun and now I have a sea foam green Yamaha BB.

You can get all the gear here http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/ and save a fortune.

If you're not up to it, I'm sure some very handy chaps will be along soon.

Have fun
Sean

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1398283160' post='2432553']
Have a go at doing it yerself! I did and it was loads of fun and now I have a sea foam green Yamaha BB.

You can get all the gear here http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/ and save a fortune.

If you're not up to it, I'm sure some very handy chaps will be along soon.

Have fun
Sean
[/quote]

Thanks for the info Sean but reckon I'll get someone else to do it who won't ruin it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all
I had a Krama headless and a Tanglewood Warrior 3 repainted by two different car paint shops. Both the basses were stripped to bare wood and both paint shops had problems getting the paint to settle without sinking. One even baked it for me, that was the Krama I think. Eventually both basses came out looking the dogs nuts, the Krama in Volkeswagen pearl black and Tanglewood in metallic Pearl white.
I think I paid £30 for the Tanglewood the guy said it was too cheap for the work involved :-)) I paid £100 for the Krama but I had the ali neck masked so,you could see the the metal and the wood inserts were painted the same colour as the body.
I think if it's a bass you love and want to keep then spend the money on having it done properly and the choice of colours is amazing even if you have a colour in mind have a look a the colour charts you might find something ultra original and totally you.
Peace Reversebird

Edited by Reversebird