Why become a member? ×

Graphic EQ pedal

badboy1984

My Trace Elliot GP11 (300watt head) connected to my TC BC212 cab is very loud and the 11 band graphic EQ is fantastic to dial the tone I want. I also run the Ashdown LB30 with the BC212 for some very small gig and not so loud gig like church stuff, but I find it the LB30 have too much low end which sucks away the clean headroom before the amp start to get dirty. I like the trace elliot 11 band EQ but I don't want to bring that amp on certain gig, was wondering will a graphic EQ pedal will solve my problem for the LB30? If so a 7band or 11 band would do the job?

Boss, ashdown or MXR pedal?

or a multi effect unit like Zoom B3 which have EQ effect in the box?

Edited by badboy1984

Talking about this, I have just bought a old Boss GE-7B (brown colour) in decent condition off cash converter. Altho the description says GE-7 but the product title and photo says Boss Bass Equaliser.

I've paid £36 inc PP for this. I guess it will do the job, i will be mainly using this to shape the tone abit better on the LB30, more control on the mid. I did think about the MXR or the Ashdown EQ but they cost over £100 for something i only use for one purpose.

Good buy I guess.

http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/508511/boss-bass-equaliser