Why become a member? ×

Fender Telecaster Bass 1972 fretless
£1200

Caution

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]1972 Fender Telecaster bass (single humbucker, serial number on backplate 369161). A great instrument, although it's had quite a few modifications — the neck is from a Precision (1977) with ebony fretless board (work by Steve Phillips) and Schaller machines; DiMarzio J bridge pickup; Badass bridge; preamp with volume for each pick-up, no tone control; solid aluminium scratchplate. It really plays extremely well.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]It comes with a solid case.[/font]

£1,200.

Message me or phone 0113 230 7517 or 07985 976923 for details, or to haggle. I'm in Leeds — any viewing would be welcome.[/size]

[attachment=159798:IMG_2062.jpg] [attachment=159799:IMG_2072.jpg] [attachment=159800:IMG_2074.jpg] [attachment=159802:IMG_2080.jpg] [attachment=159804:IMG_2073.jpg]

Edited by Caution

I'm probably not alone in getting put off by a lack of track record, but by way of character reference, Dave has been a really good friend of mine for many years. In fact my DB came from him ages ago, after soooo much effort to prise it from his hands! One of the really good guys and a very respected bass player (he'll most likely cringe on reading that bit..). Mr.Bassman also knows him well, I believe.
I did get an unplugged go on this bass quite a while ago, and despite it completely lacking a 5th string :rolleyes: I do remember thinking it was rather splendid. I'd recommend taking Dave up on the viewing offer - he's also no slouch on the kettle!

Yes, I've known Dave for about 30 years, we've bought, sold, traded, swapped, borrowed, loaned and given many bass related items to / from each other.

I can't believe he's selling this bass, although he does tend to play more upright nowadays.

I also know Steve Phillips who did the ebony fingerboard, a true craftsman and talented blues guitarist.

Steve's carried out fingerboard improvements and a re-finish for me in the past.

Edited by Mr Bassman

Hey I've got a mahogany chest of drawers too — it really enhances the bottom in my pants!

No readily available digital recordings of the Tele, I'm afraid. I may have something on vinyl from the 80s ... I'll check in the attic.