Why become a member? ×

70's GEM Saturn 50 head
£50

Truckstop

Hello all,

Selling off some bits and bobs that I don't use anymore and next in the firing line is this wonderful old bass head built in the 70's by an Italian company called GEM.
I bought it off here a long time ago and used it for a while before it died on me. Sent it to Oli (Mr. Foxen) and he worked wonders with it. Gave it a full service, replaced a few bits, tidied it up, added a jack socket on the back and smartened it up a bit. Now, looks great and sounds tremendous. Loads of volume and plenty of valve bounce. The volume this thing is capable of is quite incredible; its a loud 50w! Its wide so you'd need a traditional 4x12 cab to sit it on :) The controls dont really do very much, but for some reason I've found that it responds to the tone control on the bass very well. Tone full on is almost unlistenably trebley and vice versa, tone fully off is a real subby mess. This thing can really pump out the low frequencies!

If I didnt have a baby on the way and I didnt need to get all my crap out of the music/baby room I'd be keeping this purely because it looks and sounds great. Should mention the standby light doesnt work.

Low price is simply because I need to shift it quickly. Collection only because I dont have anything suitable to ship it in and its probably a bit fragile also. I live in St Albans a minute away from J22 of the M25. Delivery by me is possible, PM to discuss terms.

Pictures!

Please someone give the old girl a loving home!

Alex