Why become a member? ×

SOLD! MAJ vintage style mosfet head - possibly 300w
£50

Truckstop

Hello all,

More stuff from my bits and bobs clearout.

Right, this is a MAJ bass head. That's literally all I know about it. Also it doesnt work; so actually, I know two things about it. The guy i bought it off reckons it's about 300w at 4ohm, so probably 175-200w at 8ohm. I used it for a string of gigs last year where it performed fine, enough volume with two 1x15's, quiet DI, and looks great. Then one day it just stopped working and I didnt really care enough about it to get it looked at. I just put it back in its case and bought something else! Weight without case is about 10kg; case is about 6kg

It'll probably transpire that it's just a burnt fuse or something but to be honest its really not worth very much even if it were working. It's got a really bright tone, had to crank the bass control to get a decent spread of frequencies. MAJ are/were a very small company turning out some pretty unremarkable gear hence the low price. I suppose it'd be useful for someone who is making their own amp and wants a nice box to put it in or maybe for someone that likes tinkering with things.

I'll be selling this with its case that someone had built for it. Case is a bit rough around the edges but is completely secure and very well built. Probably worth £50 on its own so you're getting a good deal.

I am happy to send this via courier but it'll be an extra £25 on top due to size and weight. Collection is also ok, I live in St. Albans about a minute away from J22 of the M25. Cash on collection or bank transfer/barclays pingit. No Paypal.

Picture:

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Truckstop