Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Warwick WCA 411 PRO (8ohms) £130 - Price Drop
£160

jonny-lad

[color=#000000][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Warwick WCA 411 Pro 4x10 c[/font]ab for sale. specs as follows.[/color][list]
[*][color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Power rating: 600W (max. 800W)[/font][/size][/color]
[*][color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]8 ohms [/font][/size][/color]
[*][color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]106dB[/font][/size][/color]
[*][color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]4 x 10" speakers (power rating 150W, max. 200W, 8 ohms, 94dB, resonant frequency: 50Hz, frequency range: 45Hz-3500Hz)[/font][/size][/color]
[*][color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]HF horn with attenuator (power rating 30W, max. 40W, 8 ohms, 95dB, resonant frequency: 2,5kHz, frequency range: 1,2kHz-20kHz)[/font][/size][/color]
[*][color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bass reflex housing[/font][/size][/color]
[*][color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Dimensions (W/H/D): 24" x 26" x 19"[/font][/size][/color]
[*][color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Weight 39kg[/font][/size][/color]
[/list]
[attachment=158406:IMAG0040.jpg]

[attachment=158407:IMAG0041.jpg]

[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This has been a great cabinet and I'll be sorry to see it go but it's no longer getting the use it deserves, as I no longer play any gigs that require a backline of this size and it doesn't fit in my car (I used to drive a van). It has always been very well looked after and has never been abused or pushed too hard so is in great condition.[/font][/size][/color]

It has never missed a beat and I've always been impressed by the range of tones as well as it's ability to handle to low B and keep up in a loud setting. I've always used it with a little mark II and because it is an 8 ohm cabinet, it has never seen more than 300 Watts, but despite that, I've never struggled for volume and always achieved a tone that I'm very happy with.

It isn't a lightweight cab, so it'll be collection only, but it does have a set of removable castors included as standard, which I've always found to be really useful.

I'm in Guiseley, near Leeds.

Edited by jonny-lad

• 1 month later...

Bump and a price drop.

I'm pretty clueless as to how much to ask for this so if anyone does fancy making an offer, you're more than welcome.

I might be able to help out with local delivery as well if it helps, although this would be a lot easier to do for the Roland combo I have for sale, as I'm doubtful that the Warwick cab will fit in my car so I'd have to borrow my dad's car.

I have two of those cabs and they're great! I always found the 8 ohms to be annoying when hooked up to an amp where the amp power rating is given at 4 ohms because the amp struggles with the 8 ohm cab; it seems all amps give their ratings for 4 ohms. But paired with a beefy amp that puts out suitable power at 8 ohms, great! As stated, these cabs are rated for 600W at 8 ohms and will allow peaks up to 800W, which is bonkers (I don't know how long they rate their "peak" for - it might be nanoseconds!)
So if you have two 8 ohms cabs and an amp rated at 900W at 4 ohms, you'll be shoving 450W into each cab, so deafening volume and well below the power rating for each cab.

That didn't really make much sense, but what I am saying is that they're plenty powerful enough for pairing with many amps. I use one cab with a 900W (@ 4 ohms, 500W at 8 ohms) Genz Benz and it is deafeningly loud. Plus! they're covered in carpet so you can vacuum cat hair off them and not scratch them to death like vinyl-covered cabs.

Anyway, combined with the HF tweeter in the middle, they're great all round cabs and good for slapping with that tweeter. It is adjustable at the back. They do product a low B but that isn't the fundamental note they're producing - they will produce the harmonics of the low B and fool your brain into adding the fundamental note, but I don't think there's many people in audiences with oscilloscopes and measurement microphones... In any case, a 4x10 cab is a great all round cab.

The speakers are Eminence speakers but the beauty with older cabs is that they've "worn in" a bit and the speakers don't sound so harsh, as the speaker cones have aged and are happier to move, leading to a warmer/less harsh sound.

I paid £600 each (!) for my German-made WCA 411s about 12 years ago (was it that long?!) but when they moved production to China, the price dropped significantly, and I gnashed my teeth in rage. I seem to recall that they started doing 4 ohm cabinets in China, but perhaps they made the 4 and 8 ohm versions in tandem?

Anyway, great cab and a billy bargain I think. These fit in my Golf just fine, and are easier to carry by yourself if you lift them from the front (and don't wear a shirt, as you'll get buttons stuck in the grille).

Does this have speakon connections on the back? Mine has XLR + speakons, both for input and output (so you can daisy-chain them, not sure why you would unless you had 4 of them????)

Edited by 72deluxe

Replied to the PMs - will keep you all updated.

Thanks especially to 72deluxe for all the info! My cab is Chinese made AFAIK and has two speakons and two 1/4in jack sockets on the back as well as the tweeter control.

I'll be sad to see it go to be honest!