Why become a member? ×

Sold
£545

playbass

[size=4][b][color=#ff0000][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]EA iAMP800 [/font][/color][/b][/size]

[size=4][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]£545 ono[/font][/size]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I'm selling this to pay for a new bass (already purchased) and will be keeping my iAmp350, which isn't in such good condition so I probably won't get what it's worth if I sold that, so the 800 has to go. I just plugged it in to have a quick go before doing this post, and I will genuinely be sorry to see it go.[/size][/font]

[b][color=#000080]ACCESSORIES[/color][/b]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]- Velvet lined carry bag [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]- Long heavy-duty mains lead [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]- Rack ears [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]- User manual. [/size][/font]

[b][color=#000080]PHOTOS[/color][/b]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]The photos show how good the condition of this amp is. It is excellent. send me your email address and I'll send back high quality photos. [/size][/font]

[attachment=157928:IMG_4947.JPG]

[attachment=157929:IMG_4949.JPG]

[attachment=157930:IMG_4950.JPG]

[attachment=157931:IMG_4952.JPG]

[attachment=157927:IMG_4945.JPG]

[color=#000080][b]SPEC. & SOME FEATURES[/b][/color]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1000W @ 2ohms [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]800W @ 4ohms [/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2 speakon outputs [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mute switch [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2 tone presets (Finger style & Slap)[/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]4 band semi-parametric EQ [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Deep bass boost [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bright switch [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Gold plated jack sockets [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Series and parallel effects loops with level controls [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Tuner output [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Headphone output [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]DI out with pre/post EQ switch [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]3.5mm iPod/aux input with independent level control [/size][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Linear volume and gain pots, meaning it really does keep getting louder all the way to 10, not like some amps that are at full volume at 4 and just trick you into thinking it's gonna get louder just cos the numbers go to 10. [/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I've gigged this in a five piece function band and the volume was at 2.5 to 3 to avoid complaints from band members as it's so powerful (when used with two CXL112 cabs).[/size][/font]

[color=#000080][b]DELIVERY[/b][/color]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I can courier the amp to you fully insured for £20 (UK mainland, not the highlands and islands) and I can accept Cash, cheque, bank transfer and PayPal (if you pay the fees) PayPal also gives you 'buyer protection just like you get if you were buying on eBay! Details here... [/size][/font][url="https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/buyer-protection"]https://www.paypal.c...uyer-protection[/url]

[color=#000080][b]ANY TRIAL WELCOME[/b][/color]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Trial and collection is from Lincoln in Lincolnshire. [/size][/font]

[color=#000080][b][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]FEEDBACK[/size][/font][/b][/color]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]See link below in my signature.[/size][/font]

[color=#000080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]CONTACT[/size][/font][/b][/font][/color]
[color=#0000cd][b][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Tel: 07772006297[/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]email: [email protected][/size][/font][/b][/color]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Reviews: [/size][/font][url="http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/89/title/euphonic-audio-iamp-800/cat/25"]http://www.talkbass....iamp-800/cat/25[/url]

Edited by playbass

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry about the links. Hopefully they'll be back up again soon. I have found these opinions on TalkBass...
http://www.talkbass.com/threads/euphonic-audio-iamp-800-opinions-please.474089/

and these sound clips on Bass Tasters...
http://www.basstasters.com/preamps/EA_iAMP_800.html

Hopefully they're helpful.

In the absence of any other reviews I will give a brief version for those unfamiliar with these amps.

I've used one of these for 80% of the gigs I've played over the last 10 years or so. Mine is one of the earlier models with the inbuilt Sabine tuner but I think the later models are pretty much the same internally and while they lost the tuner they gained some extra send/return sockets on the front panel.
My iAmp 800 has been 100% reliable since I bought it new maybe 10 years ago. It's done countless gigs and has always delivered what I've asked of it. The sound is super clean and I don't usually need to use the EQ at all. Occasionally I might need to adjust for room acoustics which is easy to accomplish. The subtle yet powerful tone shaping section copes well with the most horrible sounding rooms helping you make the most of a bad acoustic job. Otherwise the amp responds well to tone/playing adjustments at the instrument end and just puts out what you put in without colouration. Clean, clear hi-fi sound might not be eveyones taste but you can always use a pedal or two in front if you want grit or more vintage tones. It has always been loud enough, even on big stages master volume is never above 3 o'clock but if more is needed it's there. It'll keep getting louder right up to 11unlike a lot of amps where all the action goes on further down the dial. The amp is so efficient it doesn't get hot enough to need a fan. Even when worked hard it just gets a little warm, unlike my QSC which feels like it could heat my house with the amount of hot air it blows out. This makes it perfect for using in the studio when you want to mic up a cab or for just playing quietly at home. No intrusive fan noise to interfere with the pure tone.

Occasionally, out of curiosity I buy something else to play with, see my sig for my other gear, but I always come back to the iAmp and realise once again what a great amp it is. My band mates all complain when I bring anything else to gig with. They all say I get the best sound through my EA rig. I might buy other amps (Mesa Bass400+ if I can find one) but I don't think I'll ever replace the iAmp.

HTH GLWTS :-)