Why become a member? ×

M-Audio 1814 (Great condition - recent full service)

Hey Guys,

The going second hand rate seems to be £160-£170 so i am asking £160 plus shipping - for mine. Its recently had a new firewire chip installed and a full service by M-Audio so is also covered for 3 months (basically an extended warrenty) by M-Audio. They are happy that it is as solid as a rock.

This really is one of the best ways to get 16 channels of audio (more than enough for a band) into a computer and is even compatible with Pro Tools. It has 2 headphone outputs and countless audio routing options. Whats more is that it has 2 pre amps on the front.

All details and specs here:

[url="http://www.dv247.com/invt/22278/product.htm?gdftrk=gdfV2356_a_7c416_a_7c1181_a_7cMAudio_p_Firewire_p_1814_p_Mobile_p_18_p_In_a_2f14_p_Out_p_Firewire_p_Recording_p_Interface_a_7cyo78iyc8FFsDSXJ6kvxIcg_a_3d_a_3d"]http://www.dv247.com/invt/22278/product.ht...vxIcg_a_3d_a_3d[/url]

Grab a deal before i eBay it.

Cheers

Garry

Edited by slaphappygarry

I've got one of these, nice bit of kit. The 2 pres on the front inputs mean you can record guitar + vox straight into it, and there's 8 unbalanced jacks on the back and an ADAT in giving you another 8, very cheap way to get 16 ins. It'll take your MIDI controller too of course.

Harmony Central is full of reports of ropey drivers but I've never had a problem with mine on Win XP (it's Mac compatible too of course) so maybe the newer drivers are more reliable. Only issue I had was that it didn't like the firewire chipset on my motherboard, which caused recordings to be very noisy. M-Audio recommend a Texas Instruments chipset (mine was Via) so I bought a PCI firewire card for £13 and that sorted it.