Why become a member? ×

SOLD Mesa Boogie Bass 400+, Cab, tuner, wireless & rack.

Ok all, it's like this......
It now looks as though redundancy for me will be certain at the end of August. So, I could really do with off loading some stuff here including this little lot!

What we have here is:
[b]Gator 6U [/b] wheeled rack case containing: Mesa Boogie Bass 400+ head, Samson VHF wireless unit & a Behringer rack tuner/downlighter. Also shown in the photos is a Mesa Boogie 1x15 Diesel EV loaded 8ohm cab which is also available.

Details are:
[b]Head[/b] - This was bought new by a guy in South Wales in July of last year from The Bass Centre (I have the original receipt). He never used this other than in his house but then again he did also have two all valve Ampeg rigs to choose from which he preferred by all accounts. I still have the original Mesa packaging for the head along with the original tags and handbook etc. It has however, been in the same rack case since I got it home. This has probably had less than 10 hours use in total from new! I have used it for a few gigs, always using other gear for recording/rehearsing etc. Totally original in every way and obviously in as new condition also. A monstrous head as anyone who has used one will confirm!
[b]Tuner[/b] - What can you say, it's a tuner! Has various modes/tuning options, large graphic display and a built in metronome. It also overhangs the other gear in the rack and has downlighters to illuminate everything below it in the rack...tres cool!!
[b]Wireless[/b] - This a true diversity Samson VHF wireless system, will come with the transmitter belt pack, antennas and Samson PSU and a printed copy of the owners manual.
[b]Mesa Diesel cab [/b]- I don't know what it is about these older Diesels...whatever it is, they have it! The head and this cab together work superbly. I won't be too sorry if this cab does not sell and I have to keep it!

I will be happy to split the above items but would first like to give someone the opportunity to be able to buy it as it stands in the first instance.

Prices... well, taking the rack and everything in it. If I half the new cost of all the items it comes in a few quid short of £1000. Its worth remembering that Mesa never allow discounting of their gear and this is the closest it is possible to get to a new one without spending £1,700 for this head! Diesel cabs seem to generally go for £300 without too much effort.

So....
Rack and contents £1000
Cab £300

If you buy both you can have them for £1200.

I will obviously be more than happy to answer any queries if I possibly can.

I will be looking for something to replace this so feel free to drop me a PM if you have a head, cab or quality'ish combo you would want to possibly trade.

Collect only please! I am happy to meet within sensible limits but really don't want to even think about shipping this!

Steve

Edited by LeftySteve

:) That's practically giving it away!!!
If you are 'Just thinking' about buying this you are crazy, this is a total steal! If I had the $$$ and didn't already have 400+ I would buy this.

*faints with shock*

It can have an Ampeg badge on it by the time you come to pick it up! Your bandmates would spot the difference though when your sound improves markedly :)

I quite fancy going back to Ampeg stuff actually and would be pleased to hear from anyone with some to trade! Especially SVT3.

Chocolate frog for Lock Stock answer!!

Cheers

Steve