Why become a member? ×

Wanted : old Tuners, volume pot, jack socket and flats.

Pkomor

For a project that is evolving in he build diary's section , i need 6 machine heads.
Does anyone have some spare, i would even live with Guitar tuners if that's what you have got!

also needed for the project are a volume pot, jack socket and some old flat-wound strings...

if you can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

Edit: now need 6 machine heads... :)

Edited by Pkomor

[quote name='escholl' post='236974' date='Jul 10 2008, 11:39 PM']gaaa i wish i'd known...got a spare jack laying around, and probably a pot too, would have thrown it in this morning[/quote]

hehe no worries!

if i cant find them anywhere else, do you mind if i send another envelope your way?

Mr foxen, i have replied to your post in the build diarys thread!

Edited by Pkomor

[quote name='Pkomor' post='237168' date='Jul 11 2008, 11:18 AM']hehe no worries!

if i cant find them anywhere else, do you mind if i send another envelope your way?

Mr foxen, i have replied to your post in the build diarys thread![/quote]

yea no problem -- i'll have to look through what i've got. don't think i have a pot, but can probably find a jack, and might have an old string tree, knob, and probably a tone capacitor as well.

[quote name='escholl' post='237190' date='Jul 11 2008, 11:39 AM']yea no problem -- i'll have to look through what i've got. don't think i have a pot, but can probably find a jack, and might have an old string tree, knob, and probably a tone capacitor as well.[/quote]

A string tree would be very useful! as would the knob and the jack, i wasnt planning on adding a tone pot, but if I can get two pots from somewhere, then i would appreciate the capacitor too!

the only other thing the would be through body string ferules, but those are not really [i]needed[/i], unless someone has some lying around!

[quote name='Pkomor' post='237226' date='Jul 11 2008, 12:18 PM']the only other thing the would be through body string ferules, but those are not really [i]needed[/i], unless someone has some lying around![/quote]

what if you took the little metal rings off a set of old strings, and embedded them into the wood, and then strung the strings through that? i don't know if they're always big enough on all string makes, but the ones off the ends of my ghs strings are big enough for a 105 E string to fit through.

[quote name='escholl' post='237413' date='Jul 11 2008, 04:01 PM']what if you took the little metal rings off a set of old strings, and embedded them into the wood, and then strung the strings through that? i don't know if they're always big enough on all string makes, but the ones off the ends of my ghs strings are big enough for a 105 E string to fit through.[/quote]

good plan! i'll see if that works with some of my old strings...