Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Machine Heads

alexmoore10

Hi all

I wanted to tell you about my experiences recently when I discovered that I had lost a screw and, for want of a better description, and oversized washer on my Fender Jazz American Deluxe QMT V.

Obviously I reached out to Fender straight away who, whilst being helpful, told me that I would need to replace the WHOLE machine head. They suggested that I speak to All Parts.

All Parts were helpful but, again short of buying the whole machine head, I would have to put it all together from various bits.

As this seemed the best idea I went back to Fender to try to find put all the dimensions. This is where everything changed. It turns out that the machine heads on this particular Fender model (yes they are all different) came from a company in Germany called SCHALLER ELECTRONICS.

One short email to them and they were sending me SIX screws and washers with the agreement that I would pay them on arrival. They could not have been more efficient or helpful!!!

The reason for my post? It seems that a few people have struggled with replacing small parts on Fenders and I wanted to let you know that there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

Just like to back up that experience of Schaller. Very helpful - in fact I ended up conversing with the boss over email. I was looking for a single screw for an M4S machine head. What I got was 4x capstans, pinions and screws, a sticker and a bag of plectra. No charge. Unbelievable.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1393437565' post='2380356']
Just like to back up that experience of Schaller. Very helpful - in fact I ended up conversing with the boss over email. I was looking for a single screw for an M4S machine head. What I got was 4x capstans, pinions and screws, a sticker and a bag of plectra. No charge. Unbelievable.
[/quote] YES YES YES!!! I got a bag of rainbow plectra too. One of each colour and some Schaller stickers! Amazing!