Why become a member? ×

ROLAND DB500 COMBO *SOLD*

Rayman

Here's my faithful Roland DB500 combo for sale. It's a LOUD 160W, 12" speaker and horn, and has been my faithful companion for the last 3 years, trouble free, at many gigs countrywide.

Because of the FFP processing, it mimicks the sound of a 15" speaker, and sounds much bigger than it looks.

Superb little amp, ideal for most pub gigs, anything bigger I DI'd it into the PA, and everyone always comments on how great it sounds.

It's a heavy little blighter so I shan't be posting it in a hurry, but I can deliver within reason or meet you somewhere.

The arrival of a Trace Elliot rig forces the Roland out, and it's yours for £150. Cost me £350 used 3 years ago, so It's priced just to move it on asap.

Good condition, in full working order, black carpet covered, a few marks and dings here and there, but then it has been well used.

Edited by Rayman

Oooh. Excellent bit of kit, not surprised you liked it! Hope you like the new rig too... Which Trace have you gone for?

Great amp at a good price form a nice bloke!

ped

[quote name='ped' post='234253' date='Jul 7 2008, 04:13 PM']Great amp at a good price form a nice bloke![/quote]

Why thank you sir.

No Mike, I haven't used the Aphex for months, I just didn't need it. This amp is so punchy, I just didn't feel it needed any help. Most people at gigs just can't believe the sound it kicks out, and it just sits on the back seat of the car to and from gigs.

The Trace is this baby;

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160256157372"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=160256157372[/url]

Oldish, but hopefully in good nick, and will give me a bit more headroom live.

I used to have this as my gigging amp a few years back. If its in good nick, which it sounds like it is, then its a beast of a bargain! In fact, it'd put the gain in bargain! No, but seriously, if you want something versatile and compact this is a great choice of amp. It allows you to patch between presets via the modeling features which gives you loads of range in tone without taking our an armarda of pedals! And punchy it certainly is too. The built in compression is a nice feature, although I didn't think too much of the chorus but that might be more of a general preference rather than something against the amp.

Good luck with the sale!!!

I love Roland kit. Really wanted the 410 version of this (DB900?) but it is insanely over the top.

That trace looks beautiful, and quite a steal. Well spotted, let us know how you get on with it. I constantly watch eBay for Trace gear but have you noticed how most of it is in Germany?? Very strange.

Cheers
ped

Yeah, I have one of these sitting in my cupboard, and it is absolutely stunning for the size! Surprisingly loud and has some very nice sounds, for a huge variety of styles. With all this glowing endorsement from people here, you should be getting plenty of biters! This amp is a steal at £150 guys!

Edited by Finbar