Why become a member? ×

ASHDOWN ABM 610 EVO3 BASS CAB??? Seeking knowledge...

Greg.Bassman

Hey. Wondered if I may pick your brains please? Any info is appreciated :)

I am currently using the ABM 810. It’s a great sounding cab; but it’s become a hassle to shift around though! So instead, I was thinking of downsizing to the ABM 410.

I found myself in two minds about the 410 after hearing that it features a horn though (as I understand that there is a difference between sealed and ported cabs). I’ve come to love the tight punch I get from my 810, so I don’t really want to venture too far away from that.

However, in a previous thread of mine, somebody happened to mention the ABM 610; it is both SEALED (and importantly) LIGHTER- this has made me very curious about it.

Has anyone out there ever tried/used the 610 before? Perhaps you could compare it to the 810 for me? Obviously, I'll be getting less in volume, but is the tone all there?

Edited by Greg.Bassman

The ABM 610 is a great cab. I actually prefer it to my ABM 810... Sounds much tighter to me. The difference in weight isn't that considerable; this is still a heavy cabinet, but the castors and pull bar make it pretty easy to move around. The smaller form factor is useful though as it will fit easily in a small car with the back seats down (I move mine around in 1999 Ford Fiesta and it fits perfectly alongside the rest of my gear) and can be lifted easily by two people thanks to the side handles and pull bar

Hope this helps :)

I spent a good few hours A/Bing this cab and their CL-610 with a Spyder 550 head. This cab was streets ahead of the CL one. Much tighter, deeper, defined etc etc. Was really impressed with it (not at all impressed with the CL cab tho, very average).