Why become a member? ×

G&L L2000 Single Coil Mod

Panamonte

I just completed this mod on my L2000, having found a couple of very useful diagrams online. I replaced the on-on parallel/series switch with an on-on-on 4PDT switch, to give me parallel/single (inner) coils/series. A bit fiddly, but actually a very straightforward job.

I now have 27 tonal variations available before I even touch the bass and treble pots! I particularly like the sound of both inner coils together - the mids are more pronounced than when both humbuckers are selected in either series or parallel.

Altogether a very worthwhile mod which makes this bass even more versatile than it was. If anyone's thinking of doing it I'm very happy to provide any information which might prove useful.

Sounds like you may get yours from the same place that I did! I also paid £5. They're an outfit called GVC Digital - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPN-1M46T1B5M1QE-Switch-Solder-Tag-4Pdt-On-On-On-MULTICOMP-Pack-of-1-/261357525309?

They were the only suppliers I could find in the UK and still a lot cheaper than what companies in the US and Germany were charging.